Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Getting ready for a baby?...

Having a child is hands down the biggest life changing experience a person can have.  You read about it, hear about it, talk about it...but until you have your first child is when you will know, what and how it effects your life.  

Good thing there are ways to prepare and one of the ways of doing that is by  attending the New York Baby Show.  A family friendly event for new and expectant parents. It's one of the best ways to see what's new, find the top products, check out services for maternity, babies & toddlers and learn what's really helpful in a new time of your life.


I attended the New York Baby Show with my little girl Ava Rose who is 2 1/2 years old (going on 20!) 


Ava Rose
My beautiful niece Samantha, with her equally beautiful daughter Mia Rose... 
Samantha & Mia Rose @ the Mother's Lounge
And her step-sister Julyssa, looking hot for being 7 months pregnant!


Julyssa
The biggest surprise for me about the show is how quickly things change in the Baby World. It can be overwhelming because there's so much to choose from now.  Like the stroller, I remember the challenge it was for me to pick the right one. They make it a bit easier, by providing a stroller track, to test out different stroller on the market. 


But this was my favorite...I love how thought out this design is for the traveling Mom.  
Orbit Baby Stroller
Mother's must have designed this stroller.  It has all the necessary and brilliant features to make your travels easier, my favorite feature is the side kick board stroller for the older child who get's tired of walking...Genius! 

Another awesome serivice was the free stroller tune-ups, checking the brakes, wheels and handles, you could even get it steam cleaned!

The show was for Daddy too! The incredible dads from the NYC Dads Group shared information and support from experts on issues like work-life balance, the evolving role of fathers and adjusting to being a new father.

Along with expert and keynote speaker Dr. Harvey Karp, America’s #1 Pediatrician, and Creator of The Happiest Baby on the Block and The Happiest Toddler on the Block DVDs and books. Which I'm going to have to purchase immediately if not sooner! 

Another highlight for me was this line of products by aden + anais

aden + anais line of products 
My Favorite is the Serenity Star that features: 
  • A feeding diary that help busy parents keep track of feedings
  • Sound machine helps baby fall asleep by playing a selection of 4 soothing sounds including 2 lullabies, white noise and heart beat
  • Room temperature indicator
  • A nightlight and clock

I wish I had that around when Ava was born! 

Snacks were everywhere,Ella Kitchen http://www.ellaskitchen.com/Ava's favorite (and mine) gave out samples.  I love carrying these in my bag.  I feel good giving her veggies and fruits on the go and these yummy crackers are also good healthy treats to get the daily recommended serving of 3 fruits & vegetables in a day.  Had one cup and I was hooked...so I had two! 

Bitsy's Brainfood 
Delicious! Made Organic, loaded with Omega-3 DHA, Vitamin A, B12, D3 and Folic Acid, a good source of iron along with soluble fiber from real bits of oats.  During my pregnancy with Ava and while I nursed her, I loaded up on all of these ingreidients and believe that's one of the reasons she's so smart : )



I signed up for a bunch raffles which is not something I usually do, so when I got a text from Drugstore.com that I WON!!!...it was like hitting the lotto! 



My Prize! 


Lovely Ladies @ Drugstore.com who gave me the winning goodies : ) 

I also picked up the magazine NEW YORK FAMILY with actress & mother of 2 girls Jessica Alba on the cover. 


In the featured article I read about her latest undertaking as the Founder of The Honest Compay-an eco-friendly diaper, skin, bath and household cleaning products provider. http://www.honest.com/ 








I absolutely love the diaper designs. 

Honest Diaper are plant based & bio-degradeable


Services include monthly subscription delivery service.  Which I now do with Amazon's Mom subscribe & save program for Ava's pull up diapers.  A good friend and Mother turned me on to Amazon's Mom-saving program which I'm so grateful, because I do save, get more diapers and have them delivered to my door, rather than going out to stores, spending more and getting less. 


You will definitely find and learn about all the essentials you'll need for your baby's first year. It was super informative and you'll receive lot of goodies to go home with.  Way too much to cover in one blog! So to all the Parents and Moms-To-Be out there, check out this site http://newyorkbabyshow.com/and make sure to mark your calendars and attend it next year!

And Samantha, just in case I don't say it enough...your doing an amazing job! I see pure joy and love when you look at your daughter.  I'm so proud and happy for you.  And congrats to Julyssa I know you are going to be an awesome mother too. Get ready for the ride of your life : )  


Love & Light 
Lily 






No comments:

Post a Comment